Sitting Too Long: A Cautionary Tale
New research is finding that sitting for long periods of time can have serious health effects. If you have a job that keeps you planted for most of the day you may want to change your habits to help avoid the potential of long-term health problems.
- Try to stand for at least 2 hours during your workday.
- Break up prolonged periods of sitting with standing breaks that amount to about 4 hours a day.
- Try to include walking around the office and stretching into your day.
- Opt for sit-stand workstations instead of typical work desks.
- When seated, change your position often.
- Remember to take good habits home. Sitting and sedentary home time can also be bad for your health in the long run.
- Have experts come in and talk to your office about proper work ergonomics, and other healthy work habits.
More posts on Health:
This information is for educational purposes only. Seek the advice of a health specialist before making any changes to your healthcare.