Flu Season Preparation
Cold and flu season can start as early as October, so here are some tips on prevention:
- Avoid close contact with sick people as much as possible.
- If you are sick with flu or cold symptoms, stay home for at least 24 hours after your fever is gone (except going out for necessities). Your fever should be gone without the use of a fever-reducing medicine.
- If sick, limit contact with others as much as possible to keep from infecting them.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough/sneeze. Use tissues once and then throw them in the trash.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water. Be sure to scrub and dry thoroughly. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Wear a facemask to help stop the spread of illness to others.
- As always see your chiropractor and acupuncturist for regular maintenance support to be sure your body is well maintained.
Your Tustin Chiropractic & Acupuncture Clinic:
More posts on Health: