Trying to have a baby? Don’t give up!
Having a baby is already a hard and trying experience for mothers and fathers alike. If you are struggling to become pregnant it can take even more of a toll on your body and mind. Emotional stress is high, along with costs of prolonged treatments and pain endured during some procedures, but studies are suggesting not giving up too soon.
After analyzing data from hundreds of thousands of in vitro fertilization (IVF) attempts researchers found that women can increase their chances of having a live birth through 9 IVF cycles. Also, inclusion of the definition of a new cycle was expanded to include multiple attempts to transfer embryos in any given cycle. Currently many doctors are using outdated research that says percentage of live birth rates after four IVF cycles starts to decline.
Recent data saw that 30% of women had a live birth after their first IVF cycle, and the live birth rate was 20% for the next three cycles. After the first four cycles the live birth rate does decline in each additional cycle, BUT the cumulative odds of having a baby continued to rise through nine cycles.
The researchers found that women had a 69% chance of having a live birth by the end of nine IVF cycles.
Things that may also help:
- Age: women under 40 who use their own eggs have a better chance at conceiving.
- Acupuncture: Clinical observations suggest that the most effective fertility treatment involves acupuncture, herbal medicine, and traditional medicine. Acupuncture can help with decreasing stress & anxiety. It can help regulate menstruation, and create a balanced environment to conceive.
- Chiropractic: Helps decrease stress on the mothers/fathers nervous system. Which is essential for reaching the body’s proper functional potential. Chiropractors are also trained to help with diet and lifestyle habits.
- Diet: Creates the foundation for good health of the mother, and a good environment for embryos.
- Natural Family Planning (NFP): Can help find the best days to try to conceive. You should have an ovulation calendar that applies to your body!
Your Tustin Chiropractic & Acupuncture Clinic:
More posts on Health:
This information is for educational purposes only. Seek the advice of a health specialist before making any changes to your healthcare.
LA Times “In Vitro study says to try, try again” – Karen Kaplan